Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Negatives and Positives

Life is a series of negatives and positives. For example, negative: today the fire alarm went off in our apartment building. Positive: it took us less than five minutes to stuff the cats in their carriers, grab our respective wallets, and get downstairs. Bonus, there wasn't actually a fire, just an error in the system.
With that in mind....
Negative - I am unemployed (I'll get over it, eventually. I promise.)
Positive - I now have all the time in the world to do what I want.


Negative - my jeans don't fit : (
Positive - my yoga pants do. And now I don't have to squeeze runs in! I can head out whenever I want!

Negative - I don't have a lot of free income to buy yarn or fabric.
Positive - I have a STASH! and a long to-do list.

And here we are, the reason I wanted to write this post in the first place: I wanted to get my to-do list written out. I am a list person for many reasons, the primary of which is that my thoughts are like butterflies and if I do not pin them down they may flutter off. Here we go....

  • Finish sewing on binding of Round & Round quilt (which will take about five minutes) and sew binding down
  • Cookie A's April Sock Club patterns were just released! 
    • Daenerys - knit in Wollmeise Lavendel
    • Drogon - knit in club yarn, Cephalopod's Skinny Bugga! in Tyrian Mollusk
  • Lone Star quilt (or Diamond Zig-Zag quilt?) from Zen Chic Comma jelly roll
  • Carousel Ride from Fig Tree Mirabelle fat quarter bundle
  • finish Larch Pullover
  • finish Pointelle socks
I'm sure I'll come up with more soon enough - I have plenty of stash to burn.
I did catch a lead on a position at a fabric shop at our next duty station - perhaps next time I'll post pictures of the quilts I've made. I've only been sewing seriously for about a year now, so I think sending pictures of what I am capable of might work in my favor.
Here's to also hoping I find my 'voice' soon, I don't think I sound very interesting (in the event someone other than myself is reading this).

eta - whoops, forgot to add completing blocks 4-10 of my 2013 Fat Quarter Shop Designer Mystery Block of the Month club! Wait, make that through block 11, I just saw an invoice for the next shipment in my email.

No comments:

Post a Comment