Thursday, July 17, 2014

settling in

Whew! We seem to be pretty much moved in. At least, as much as we can be without a dining table and down one dresser.

Want to see pictures?
: )

Hello, house. Hello, new car.

The porch could use a bit of work - I am looking for a patio set I like.

This is the living room as of this moment.
I took a poll on Facebook and Instagram about the furniture arrangement - as much as I love the chair in the corner, having the sofa where it is really cuts off the kitchen and dining area. I think I am going to rearrange back to the original arrangement (sofa against the wall, floating the chair) before our dinner company arrives tonight. 

Another teensy kitchen, another repurposing of existing furniture. These bookshelves are supposed to go on either side of the entertainment center; however, since we have the TV above the fireplace, there is nowhere for them to go. I needed a bar area and to expand my pantry storage, so I threw this together. I want to paint the tension rods black, and probably need to hem those curtains, but I quite like this arrangement. 

I put this basket on the stairs as a collecting spot for items we need to bring up with us.
So far, it has only contained cat.

I can only show you one room upstairs - the master bedroom. 
 I love the color on the wall!
Due to my lack of a second dresser, my bathroom is a wreck; my craft room is pretty much always a wreck and I've got a lot of fabric out for cutting a quilt kit; and I didn't get Greg's permission to take any pictures in Bear Country, but we've got a workout room with a treadmill, weight bench, and all of the free weights, and there's a spare room above the garage that is spacious enough for the sofa AND reclining chair we had in the Columbia apartment.


Come visit in a few months and you can have pear wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment