Saturday, August 16, 2014

Shark Week! (ooh-ha-ha!)

Shark Week has been one of my favorite television features for years, but since we don't have cable I don't get to watch it in real time.
Let's be honest, until they find a Megalodon, Shark Week is fairly predictable.
So these days, in order to get my fix, I'm binge-watching Shark Week episodes on Netflix -
in between watching all of Robin Williams' movies.

What a heartbreaking bit of news that was! 
I've always loved Robin Williams as an actor and as comedian.
He brought such life and vibrancy to each character he played, 
his movies made me laugh and cry, sometimes at the same time,
and he always seemed so genuine and human in his interviews.
I'm since quite close to people who have battled various addictions over time -
hearing the news of his death and how it occurred scared me.
It could have been someone I know.
Internal demons are terrifying, and sometimes we don't know how to overcome them.
I hope anyone and everyone I know who is having trouble battling their demons asks for help.
Robin Williams will be dearly, dearly missed,
and so would you if you were to disappear from my life.

-

It's been a week since my birthday.
This year doesn't feel much different from last year, aside from all of the ridiculously epic life changes that have gone on since then.
My first paycheck from my new job came in yesterday
so I went shopping : )
I've regained more weight than I care to admit since this time last year, which I suppose is only a natural side effect of going from running +30 miles per week to running zero miles per week. 
Most of it actually seems to be in the bust, I've only gone up a half size in pants (just enough to put me up a size when I go shopping now), but I'm up three cup sizes in my bras and I need(ed) more shirts that fit! 
It seems like all of my favorite stores are having very good additional discounts off sale items, and I've shopped at new-to-me stores for the first time lately, which brought in a grand total of seven new shirts for under $100. Woohoo!

Now I just need to get my butt out of bed when my alarm goes off at 0525 and get running again!

No comments:

Post a Comment